As a prospective resident, you will be treated with honesty and integrity throughout the application process. Your personal information will be treated with confidentiality and the security that it deserves.
1 – Before applying please review our full screening criteria, click here. Please also download a copy of our Rental Application Fee Disclosure Statement. If you believe you will not pass the screening criteria, we recommend that you DO NOT complete the application and pay the application fee.
The following is a resource provided by the City of Grand Rapids for those seeking assistance with the rental application process:
The Rental Assistance Center
Campau Common Apartments
821 S. Division Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
2 – Each adult (18 or over) who will occupy the property must complete an application and pay the screening fee of $40.
3 – The SCREENING FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE. The screening fee is $40.00 and must be paid with either a credit or debit card or checking account and routing number. We do not have the option of a hard copy (paper) application, as all applications must be submitted online. The screening fee must be paid at the time of application submittal. We will not process an application if the screening fee is not received.
The following is an itemized explanation for the disposition and use of the application fee:
AmRent (Criminal, Credit, and Cross ID Check) $12.40
Online Application Software $7.95
Office Administration (rental history check and income verification) $19.65
4 – Once at least one application from the household has been submitted, the applicant is eligible to place a holding deposit on the property. For any prospect who requires 3rd party approval of a unit will need to have the unit approved by that party prior to placing a holding deposit to secure a unit. NOTE: Our available properties are marketed until a prospective resident places a holding fee on the property. The holding fee is equal to one month’s rent and is put towards the security deposit upon signing a lease. You may pay the holding fee after at least one person from your household applies or after your application is approved; however, the property will be leased to the first approved applicant resident who pays the holding fee. Holding fees are fully refundable according to the terms on the holding fee receipt.
5 – A complete application consists of ALL of the following:
- Application form
- Terms and Conditions Acknowledgement
- Release of Information Authorization Form signed electronically (needed to obtain landlord verifications)
- Disclosure Statement signed electronically
- Copy of a Government-Issued Photo ID
- Documentation of your current income, including:
- Your most recent paystub or an employment offer letter (to document income from employment);
- Your most recent tax return form 1040 and Schedule C or SE, if applicable (to document income from self-employment or other cash income);
- A benefits letter (to document income from social security/disability/other public assistance);
- A recent statement from the Friend of the Court (to document income from child support and/or alimony);
- Bank statements (to document income not otherwise listed here)
- Color photo(s) of pet(s), if applicable
6 – Once your complete application is received, we will verify that you meet the screening criteria. A full credit, criminal, ID cross check and landlord verification will be completed within three business days. We will promptly notify you once your application is either approved or denied.
The following is the third party utilized for the screening process:
250 E Broad St
Columbus, OH 43215
The applicant has the right to request any paperwork or copies of electronic correspondence generated as a result of the screening process.
Within thirty (30) days of receipt of a denial, the applicant may, if he or she believes this ordinance has been violated, file a written complaint with the City Manager or the City Manager’s Designee, addressed to City Manager, City of Grand Rapids, 300 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503, 6th Floor, Attention: Rental Application Fee Ordinance Complaint.
Thank you for your interest in our properties and we look forward to working with you! If you have specific questions about our application process please email email@example.com.
1. For properties allowing pets, pet rent may be charged as follows: $50 for a dog, $25 for a cat, and $50 for any 2 pets.
2. Applicants must pay a non-refundable pet fee equal to one-half of one month’s rent, not to exceed $500.
3. Applicants must accept the terms of a pet addendum to their lease.
4. For all dogs, the applicant must supply proof of a dog license, proof that shots are current, and a photo of
5. For all cats, the applicant must provide proof of spaying/neutering, proof that shots are current, and a picture of the cat.
6. No aggressive breeds of dogs are permitted, including but not limited to: Akita, American Staff Terrier,
Boxer, Bull Staff, Chow Terrier, Doberman/Doberman Pincher, German Shepard, Great Dane, Mastiff, Pit
Bull/Any bull terrier, Presa Canario/Canary dog, Rottweiler, Wolf/dog hybrid, or a mix including any of the
7. No dogs weighing 75 pounds or more are accepted.
8. No more than 2 pets per unit will be allowed.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have an emotional support/service animal you will be required to provide your pet prescription, proof of shots, proof of spay or neuter, a picture of the pet and a copy of the pet license. A copy of a pet license will only be required if your support/service animal is a dog.
The following are the expected move-in costs:
- $100 Administration Fee
- Security Deposit (equal to 1 month’s rent if credit score is a 640 or above. If not, security deposit will be equal to 1.5 month’s rent)
- Pro-rated Rent (+full following month’s full rent if moving on the 25th-31st of any month)
- Pet Fee (if applicable)
- Pet Rent (if applicable)
These fees are due at move-in.
If you have housing assistance, approval is subject to all the inspections and approvals necessary as per the Housing Assistance Agency.
The cosigner qualifications are:
- At least a 640 credit score
- Lives in the state of Michigan
- Makes three times the amount of rent as gross income per month
If cosigner applicant has at least a 720 credit, that is all they need to qualify.
At United Properties, we want to make the process for adding/removing tenants from your current lease is as easy as possible for everyone involved. For this reason, we have set a procedure in place to make sure everything is done efficiently and to ensure we don’t miss anything along the way.